Monday, May 10, 2010

My first Mother's Day

Had an enjoyable and restful day yesterday, despite the fact that I spent the least amount of time with David since the day he was born (or, if you want to get really technical, since he was conceived...) I didn't really want to be away from him that much, just had to be in order to get things done to prepare us for the week ahead...

I guess he decided to mark my first Mother's Day with a milestone of his own. We put him to bed Saturday night at about 9:30 pm without event. I awoke at 2 am to silence, poked my head in his room to the sight of him snoozing away in his crib, then returned to bed myself to await his inevitable (or so I thought) middle-of-the-night awakening to nurse. This event never happened. I woke up at 6:50 am to the sound of his fussing through the monitor. He had gone an astonishing 9+ hours without eating. Wow, we broke all the records here. Needless to say, we were very happy to see one another. :)

We relaxed around the house in the morning after I opened my cards and present (some comfy Merrell sandals for walking and hiking - thank you Cory.... err.... I mean, thank you David). We practiced pumping and bottle-feeding throughout the day, to which David adapted very well. He had no problem at all taking 3+ bottles in a row. I went to Archiver's (my fave scrapbook store) to buy some supplies for his album, then hit Target to stock up on groceries for the week and baby supplies for Grandma's. All told, I went almost 4 hours away from home. Cory did a splendid job of holding down the fort, and I think he really enjoyed it, too. Still, I couldn't have been happier than I was at the end of the day to return to the place that I love the most: home with my guys. And the turkey burger with fries and grilled veggies that I ordered for my special dinner, expertly prepared by Cory, didn't hurt my enjoyment of the evening, either.

One last update. David had his two-month appointment today, weighing in at 12 lbs 1 oz, and 23 inches long. Plus, his brain grew 3/4" in circumference. Yowza! He also got his first round of shots, to which he loudly protested. We were warned it could be an uncomfortable 24 hours or so for all of us, so we'll see what personality emerges when he gets up from his nap. Hopefully the tylenol I gave him shortly after the appointment works its magic and wards off the pain that is probably inevitable.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Patt said...

Congratulations on your first of many Mother's Days! I love the second 2 are quite a pair! Smile! GrammyPattpatt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...