Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some Sunday gardening

We've had a huge pile of mulch in the driveway for a few weeks now, so we decided today was the day to start hacking away at it. Thankfully, Cory's workers had done a great job of clean-up and edging last month, so all I had to do was a little perennial maintenance and pruning in order to ready the beds. We started with the front landscaping. Cory dumped wheelbarrows full of mulch while I began spreading it. It was fun to see how things are coming along at ground level. The hostas are poking their heads out, all of the shrubs are budding, and the lily-turf is is starting to emerge as well. I love this time of year! Everything is so fresh and full of promise. I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get a late freeze like last year so all of these plants will have a fighting chance. I tuckered out after only a few hours - you'd think working 12-hour shifts at the hospital would keep me in better shape. I hate to think what my legs will feel like tommorow after all of that bending and crouching. We had a great day, and I caught some great pictures.


These are the Pinocchio tulips that I planted last year. They are beautiful! I will have to plant some more of these next year. Tulips don't tend to do very well around here but from what I read, these are quite hardy.


As I was mulching in front of the bedroom window, something on the ledge caught my eye. This cute little guy was sitting there, just hanging out. I think he might of been cold, because even when I was invading his personal space by using the macro mode, he didn't even flinch.


Found this little guy out there as well. I think he's pretty cute, too. ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...