Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bangs, a sunburn, and Yankees tickets

I haven't updated for a while so here goes...

Had a visit from the FedEx man today. They have finally arrived... our Yankees tickets! We are planning a trip to New York in September. It is the last year for old Yankee Stadium so we wanted to see a game there before it is gone forever. I bought the tickets on StubHub some time ago and have had a difficult time actually getting them in my hands, so their arrival is a relief. Especially since the entire vacation we are planning kind of revolves around that game. Of course we have much more planned including a cruise around Manhattan, a trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and a stop at Niagara Falls on the way home. Can't wait for the trip itself, but I am sure enjoying the planning phase.

Today both Casper and I had hair appointments. He went with his traditional buzz cut (with puffy tail, of course), but I needed a change so I had Melissa cut me bangs. I was going for Reese Witherspoon, but I'm a little worried that I ended up with Tyra Banks. As with most changes, I guess I'll just have to get used to it (at least that's the reasoning that Cory used when he was trying to console me).

Once the haircuts were all done, Sammy, Casper, and I headed out to the backyard. I drug out my lounge chair from the garage and basked in the sun for a few hours while finishing a book. It was so nice, I sat out there a bit too long and now have a touch of a sunburn on my arms and chest. The weather was gorgeous, with just a hint of a cool breeze. Thankfully, my allergies were tame today so I was able to enjoy it. Now, off to work tommorow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...