Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pretty Honored.

About a week ago, I received an email that pretty much made my scrapbooking life.  A layout that I posted in my Studio Calico gallery was selected as Layout of the Week on the SC blog.  Although I did notice that it received a lot of commentary from other members, I had no idea it was so incredibly popular.  You can see the post here, and this is the layout itself:



The journaling reads:
First came the sitting.  Then, rocking all fours.  Within days, there was the laborious, torso-dragging army crawl.  And the next thing we knew, there was full-on, hands slapping the tiles, wearing out the knees of his pants, flying all over the house and getting into everything... CRAWLING!  Life as we knew it was over.  Goodbye, immobility.
What strikes me as funny is that this particular layout was conceived and contructed during a few hours one Monday morning while I was waiting around to go to work.  This from a person who can spend days trying to get a layout "just right".  I wasn't worried about how it might appeal to others as I made it. I simply did it for me, with colors and a picture that I love, to tell a story that I cherish.  The fact that so many other people found my work interesting and appealing is simply icing on the cake.

I have tried off and on for years to get my work in print, all to no avail.  This little nod inspires me to keep exploring that possibility.  Still, even if I never manage to get published, I will continue to adore this wonderful hobby and the creative release it gives me as I document our lives. I treasure my scrapbooks, and hopefully someday David will too.  And that's the most important thing.

1 comment:

Patt said...

Congratulations! Each of your pages is a treasure....and a joy to my heart. Love, Patt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...