Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everyone, meet "Bob".

Despite all of the attention that David has been lavishing on his father of late, Cory still tends to despair over the fact that David fails to call him by name. Although he never really directly addresses me as such, David does say "Mom" and "Mamma" quite a bit, and seems to be referring to me with the terms.  When asked "where's Mama?", he will sheepishly look at me and smile. (Love it.)  No such luck for Cory with "Dad" or "Daddy".  Alas, a guy can't get all the love, right?

It dawned on me the other day that David does in fact have a term for his father when Cory said good-bye to him on the way to work. Since this apparently conflicted with David's plan for the day, he threw a bit of a dramatic fit to protest Cory's departure.  It went a bit like this.... "Bob!  Bob!  Bob!  Bob!", as he was crawling toward the door attempting to chase him.  Light bulb moment if there ever was one.

Yep, apparently Daddy is AKA "Bob".  I have heard him say this one thousand times before thinking it was just babbling. But once I made the connection, it was if I suddenly could speak David's dialect of baby-ese.

My suspicion was confirmed that evening when David looked at me after hearing the garage door go up, clearly announcing, "Bob!".  Truth be told, it's really more of a cross between "Bub" and "Bob", but still unmistakable.  And, totally adorable.

1 comment:

Patt said...

Whatever works! Smile! Love, GrammyPattpatt (Now won't that be a mouthful!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...