Sunday, January 30, 2011

The little things...

I haven't blogged much lately because I've been scrapping like mad.  Either I've become more adept at time management or David has become more manageable, I'm not sure which (or both).  Either way, I've made it a priority (and Cory's made it a priority to help me) to get into my scrap room and start catching up.  I'm having a ball.

With that being said, I'm not sure what I would do without this blog to look back on to help me remember precise details of our day-to-day life.  With everything changing so fast and so constantly, it is easy to overlook the funny, fleeting things as we try to remember the more obvious, clear-cut milestones.  I think, someday, we will all find more pleasure in recalling that cringe-worthy way that David ground his top left and bottom right tooth together absentmindedly as he crawled about the house rather than remembering the exact date each and every tooth appeared.  On second thought, maybe I'd rather forget that?  desperately rubbing at the goosebumps on my arms!

Today, I've decided to try to list some of the "here and now" events.  Haven't done this in awhile.  I know I'm likely to forget some of these little details.  Here goes...

  1. As I mentioned before, David's teeth are coming in one by one.  He has four now, two top and two bottom.  His toothless grin is no more, but his little chicklets are even more adorable.  I won't mention again how he makes their presence known, lest my readers are desperately rubbing at their own goosebumps after imaging what this might sound like.  shudder
  2. He is "cruising" - taking steps while holding on to furniture.  His motivation?  Almost always something he is not supposed to have.  No attempt at walking yet, although he will sometimes stand on his own for a few seconds before sinking to a seated position.  Why walk when you are a speedy, efficienct crawler?  He has that skill down pat.
  3. He continues to love books.  Current faves include I Love You Through and Through, Smoky Mountain Wee Ones, and I'll See You in the Morning.  All of which, unfortunately, I have memorized word for word.  Something which happened with no effort on my part, just a side effect of reading them aloud hundreds of time.
  4. He has learned to shake objects.  With feeling.  I've been known to give him a bottle of water (cap on uber-tight, of course) and tell him to "shake it like a polaroid pic-ture".  And he does!!  Love it.
  5. David loves bath time.  So much so, it is unwise to take him into, or even past, the bathroom as you are preparing the tub.  Once he sees that water drawn, he had better be getting into it. And getting into it NOW. He thinks the world is ending when you take him into his room to get him undressed.  He screams bloody murder, which stops as soon as you lower him into the warm water.  Then all is well, re: the pic at the top of this post.  Like I said, happy as a lark.
  6. He's waving quite a bit now.  But he's very selective about how and to whom he doles these out.  Consider yourself lucky if you get one of his left-handed flaps.  (Always the left, wonder why?)
I could go on and on.   Can't wait to see what's next.

1 comment:

Patt said...

It's always such a treat to find a new blog!
I love the tub photos. But, of course, I love ALL the photos! Smile! Love, GrammyPattpatt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...