Monday, February 1, 2010

Progress

We've made some headway in the bathroom. And I use the term "we" loosely. Cory and his friend Brad (among a few other folks) have done all of the work, and they still have quite a bit more ahead of them. I plan to continue my role in the whole project as the armchair quarterback, which is my specialty these days. Even if I did want to help with the physical work, there wouldn't be any room to move around in there if I actually tried to do so, LOL.

Here's what the bathroom looked like at the beginning of the weekend:


During the week, Jeremy had poured the base of the shower. We've been waiting for that to dry. Yesterday, Cory finished the shower stall walls, then Brad came over and waterproofed the whole thing (that's the lovely lavendar-blue in the photo below). No more leaks! We're doing this thing right this time!



After Brad left, Cory had ants in his pants and he wanted to keep working, so he tore the top off the vanity and sealed the plumbing ready for the new vanity top. Guess I'm not the only one nesting!



By the end of the day today, we should have tile on the floor and the shower floor, ready for grout tommorow. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the progress! Love you ALL bunches, Patt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...