Friday, February 19, 2010

The Big Reveal

The bathroom is finally finished and turned out even better than we imagined. In true Cory-and-Heather fashion, we addressed every detail. Virtually everything in there is new or has been redone, except for the ceiling. I'm so thankful to have a handy husband with handy friends. They did an absolutely amazing job.

My original vision was to create a hotel-style bathroom, and I think we managed. It's luxurious yet warm and functional. I love love love it.

Here are some of the details. It's so hard to photograph in there because of the lighting, but I did my best:


A hand tiled shower with lots of detail. It turned out gorgeous.



Inset shelving in the tile shower walls. Brad did a great job on these.


When I first spotted the bold shape of this mirror at Lowe's, I was convinced it was perfect for above the sink. I was right. One of my favorite elements.


Chrome fixtures, and a new granite countertop with inset white porcelain sink on our old vanity. Cory drove all over town to get just the right color.

A fresh coat of "espresso" paint with brand-new chrome hinges and handles on our old vanity.


Fluffy towels to match in earthen tones. A bargain at Home Goods.


I have a feeling this will be it for home decor projects for us for a long while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic room! Think you accomplished the "hotel" look....now just sit and relax until David gets here! Love you ALL bunches, Patt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...