Monday, May 12, 2008

What I've been doing...

It's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I'd make a little update. No fun pictures to post, and nothing exciting to share. Just felt like I was neglecting my blog so here goes...

Had the day off today. Not exactly sure what I did, but tried to do a little relaxing. I slept in a bit, then watched Rachael Ray. Saw a great recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes. It's ground sirloin sauted with onions, beef broth, and A1 sauce topped with a provolone cheese sauce on ciabatta bread. Yum! I headed out to the grocery store and got the ingredients, plus some things that we REALLY needed like banana cream pie and chocolate chex mix - ha! I actually had a good time in the grocery store planning meals. I think that something might be wrong with me for enjoying that.

I also did some "volunteer" work for St. Vincent by catching up on emails and working on some projects at home this afternoon. It is stuff I am supposed to do at work but I'm not exactly sure when that could happen considering the patient load and acuity that we have. I didn't get out of there until 8:30 last night. I am starting to get burned out again. Hopefully that will get better. I guess it always does.

Now I'm working on typing up some recipes. Mom got me started on this project last fall and I haven't kept up with some of the new finds that I have made. I'm going to an 8-hour long preceptor class at the hospital tommorow (on my day OFF - yuck), then will hopefully be able to get the yard worked on on Wednesday. I'm ready for some warmer weather...

Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday (hi there, Mom and Patt) :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...