Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

I won't post cute pictures of David in his costume here, since he refused to put it on until well after dark and by then I was just too exasperated to take any decent pictures.

He was so cute when he finally did (it had to be his idea, and seeing other kids come to the door helped), and Cory braved the cold with him to do a little trick-or-treating. According to Cory, he proudly shouted "TRICK OR TREAT!" at each house (it drives me nuts when kids don't say it, so mine will), and made sure to say thank you. When they returned, David proudly showed me his candy and selected a packet of peanut M&Ms for a treat. He then greeted the few remaining kids that showed up at the door of our house for candy, and shouted "TRICK OR TREAT!" and "THANK YOU!" again while handing out candy, which was adorably cute.

The highlight of the day, however, was our morning pumpkin-carving session. I thought David would enjoy the experience immensely, but boy was I wrong.

At first, he was optimistic.


Then he watched as I started to saw away.


Finally, this series of pictures captures his evident disgust as the pumpkin guts made their appearance.





Shortly thereafter he gagged and shuddered, refused to participate, and retreated to the kitchen table to color while I spent a half-hour of my day off carving the same jack-o-lantern face as I have for the past five years all by myself on the kitchen floor.

Oh well, I tried.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Patt said...

I forget how disgusting the pumpkin innards must look to little people! P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...