Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cabin fever.


I continue to rack my brain for ideas to beat the winter toddler doldrums. And since we can't go to Monkey Joe's everyday (alas), I'm starting to run out of ideas.

I thought I'd brave the cold today with David and head to the park for a bit (toddlers are a hardy bunch, right?), but my own gloved fingers were screaming with pain after a mere 15 minutes. We stayed just long enough to spot a plane, drive the playground car, and get David's pants wet with ice from the slide before I broke the news to him that we had to leave. Oh, and we had time enough for a kiss, accidentally but wonderfully captured by my iPhone's new self-timer app. My favorite part, even though it was a bit snotty.



Not quite the outing I was planning for, but at least we got some fresh air into our lungs even though our fingers turned red.
 

These are the days that make me long for singing birds, warm grass, chirping crickets and sunshine. Unfortunately, those days are quite a ways away. Until then we'll continue to try to come up with some more winter day ideas. Hopefully the next idea lasts more than 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Patt said...

You're very brave! Smile! Love, GrammyPattpatt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...