Sunday, August 7, 2011

Trying something new...

I've been so busy living life lately, I haven't been blogging it.  And where that's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm sure I will come to regret it in the future, especially when life slows down a little. And it inevitably will.

So this marks my first Android-powered blog post.  We'll see how it turns out before I make any proclamations regarding more to come...

We'd planned on visiting the splash park today, but due to the heat (again), we thought an indoor pursuit might be more comfortable.  Plus, isn't it every 16 month old's dream to spend a Sunday afternoon antiquing?  At least it was the dream if this newly-minted 37 year old. So that's what we did.

We ventured to Noblesville, hoping for another find like my WWI nursing recruitment poster I got there several years ago.  No luck there, so we had root beer floats on the square. Deeee-liscious.


Then on to a children's store called The Wild, where we got David his first puzzle.  Had fun looking around there.  Love buying from independent merchants.  They are a dying breed.

Like a junkie, I just HAD to find a treasure, so we stopped at Westfield Antique Mall.  There, I hit the jackpot.  Got a glass citrus juicer, a Fire King measuring cup, a set of three flower frogs, and a coveted locker basket.  Found so many other treasures too but had to leave something behind for the next guy.


I can't believe how good of a sport David is on these types of excursions, we are truly lucky.

1 comment:

Patt said...

Glad you got an antiquing day....teach D early that it's SO MUCH FUN and he'll want to go often! Smile! Love, Grammypattpatt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...