Sunday, August 21, 2011

He's got wheels...

In recent weeks, I've watched David attempt, multiple times, to get behind the wheel of a plastic army Jeep he got from his Uncle Ian.  Mind you, this toy was designed for Barbie-sized GI Joe dolls, not 27ish pound toddler bodies.  Needless to say, the few times he was actually successful perching on the little thing it didn't last long (he inevitably always tipped over, oops!), and he wasn't able to really go anywhere.  Pretty funny to watch, though.

So when I saw the Cozy Coupe at Toys 'r' Us yesterday, I had to let him take it for a test drive.  He was instantly smitten.  He grinned as he climbed behind the wheel, honked the little horn, and scooted around the store, Fred Flintstone style.  This trial, however, was not well thought out by me.  Since actually leaving the store in the car was not an option, I had to remove an emotionally labile, tormented by teething, very grumpy 17-month-old from a coveted toy, and I had no way of explaining that we were buying the silly thing.  Nope.  So, he threw a giant fit, attracting the stares and craning necks of our fellow shoppers.  We got out of there pretty fast, red-faced, with our very own Cozy Coupe.  Before the giant fit we had already decided to buy it, I swear.


Once home, Cory slaved to assemble it as David (very impatiently) waited for him to finish. Once it was together, we took it outside for a test drive.  OK, as you can see by these pictures, he was not willing to wait until we got outside, but we eventually did make it out there as well.



I don't know what it is about this thing, but I think its about the cutest thing ever.  And the Cozy Coupe's pretty cute, too.  ;)

1 comment:

Patt said...

The first of MANY vehicles, I'm sure! Takes that after his daddy. Love, Grammy Pattpatt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...