Monday, May 9, 2011

My second Mother's Day in pictures...

I had a fantastic second Mother's Day yesterday.  It started out with this smiling face.  That was really the only gift I needed.


I arrived at the breakfast table to be greeted by this lovely card from Cory David.


Next, I opened a package with two lovely coffee cups, one for travel and one for home. Since Cory's gift philosophy tends to be "go big or go home", of course there was more. This little beauty, for my coffee-drinking pleasure. Nothing like good coffee at my fingertips to make this mommy happy.  It was a wonderful surprise.



We spent the day relaxing around the house, made a quick trip to the garden center around the corner to look around, then hung out in the backyard. I wanted a nice picture of David and me to remember the day, but of course a 14-month-old has better things to do than pose for pictures.  These make me laugh.








We also played a little catch on the patio.





Finally, David chased bugs before retiring for the evening.






And Cory cooked me a delicious dinner of cedar-plank salmon with lemon and fennel, wild rice with tarragon, lemon, and pine nuts, and a yummy herb salad.  He has potential as a gourmet chef. It was delicious.







What a great day. Hope everyone else had a happy Mother's Day, too.


1 comment:

Patt said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day....both David and Cory are keepers! Smile! Love, Patt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...