Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy First Father's Day, Cory!

In honor of your first Father's Day, I thought I'd list ten of the many reasons you are such a great Daddy. David may not be able to tell you these things himself yet, so it's up to me to make sure you know how wonderful you are at this new job of yours.

  1. I have yet to pick-up David after work, no matter how often I insist on doing so in order to give you a break. You just can't wait to see him at the end of the day. You choose to be with your son rather than enjoy some alone time after work like many other men might. But then again, you are not the average guy...

  2. You are not ashamed to show him your affection.

  3. On the rare occasion that he cries and you can't soothe him, you seem to be pretty close to tears yourself. And not because you're tired of the noise, but because you can't stand to see him so unhappy.

  4. You are unfazed by outings that I would find harrowing. I know how much of a pain it is to transport him in the cramped backseat of your truck, but you never let that stop you from showing him the world.

  5. You been known to call him "punkin seed". 'Nuff said.

  6. You love dressing him, even though 80% of the time it is in Cubs attire. And he always looks adorable.

  7. Although you've always been one of the hardest working people I know, I've never seen you work harder than you have since he arrived on the scene. You are bound and determined to provide him with everything he needs.

  8. You are the only one that can get him to belly laugh.
  9. You checked your squeamishness at the operating room door the day he was born. Not only did you unabashedly peer over the sterile screen to see him emerge, you took dozens of photos, too. We have joked that it was to provide me with scrapbook fodder. I know it was because you didn't want to miss a minute of that incredible day.
  10. You so obviously love him with all of your heart.

So there you have it. The list could just go on and on. Thank you for all that you do, Cory. I feel so lucky to have you as the father of our son. Have a happy and relaxing Father's Day!!


And to all of the other wonderful fathers and grandfathers in our lives, happy Father's Day to you, too!!

1 comment:

Patt said...

This one made me cry....I'm so proud to be Cory's mom and David's GrammyPattpatt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...