Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday

Thanks so much for the birthday cards (I know a few of you read this blog - my only readers as a matter of fact... ha!). You made my day very special. Not that birthdays have been a very big deal for me (at least since I turned 21, I guess), but it still is nice to be remembered. I can't believe I am actually 34 years old - I honestly don't feel any different than I did fifteen or so years ago, back when I thought that thirty-four was SO OLD. And it sure helps when I'm told that I don't look that old either (OK, so the people that tell me that are most often my elderly patients, but I love to hear it anyway).

The biggest surprise in the mail today was one from two special little girls, a card handmade out of my discarded scrapbook supplies that I had left at Ian's for the kids to make art projects with. I've included a picture here of the cover. They made this for me and I just love it! Thanks to that special person who most likely helped them come up with this idea, you know who you are (wink, wink)...


As for my birthday itself, Cory took me to lunch at Paradise Bakery at Clay Terrace, then I did a little shopping. We also took an evening bike ride which was really nice. And, of course, I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a sweet card. Happy Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of people love you....especially me! Love, Patt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...